3/20/2009

LOSING MY AFRAID

During this week I started to think in writing my blog in English and in Portuguese. I know that most of my friends are Brazilians but I also have good foreign friends that I would like to share some experiences that I post here. Then, below I listed some reasons that led me to translate my posts to English in this blog:

- Allows everyone who speaks English to know about how I tell my experiences living here in San Francisco.
- Makes it possible for people I’m related to (from conferences, travel, work) to follow what I might have to say.
- Allows me to connect with the people that might be interested in the same issues.
- Makes sense when I have to comment a post by another English-speaking blogger.
- Allows me to improve my English, since I’m an English learner and must to practice a lot (So, feel free to report me some grammar mistakes I make from now on, I’ll really appreciate it).

Finally:
I feel that I write in English because I want to connect with other people with whom I like to share opinions or ideas. The same people with whom I want to maintain an ongoing conversation. These are the conversations that really make me look ahead, challenge me and make me learn more each day.

No comments: